Pelisyonkis Physician: Spring 2011
Inside This Issue
- Reshaping Medical Education: Stronger patient focus, deeper integration of basic and clinical science.
- A Patient-Centered Curriculum for the 21st Century: The School of Medicine launches a bold initiative to educate a new generation of physicians.
- The Right Place at the Right Time: First-year medical students are now interviewing patients and practicing clinical skills.
- Teaching at the Bedside: Taking histories and doing physical exams through the Merrin Fellowship Program.
- Overturning the Status Quo: Powerful new technologies like virtual microscopy and advanced podcasting are changing where and when students can learn.
- A Half-Century Later, a New Drug for Lupus
- A Fish Story Told in the Evolutionary Wink of an Eye Stopping an Epidemic on the Hoof
- To Grasp a Handle, Open a Jar, Hold a Fork: A surgeon restores the hand of a young Iraqi woman injured by a terrorist bomb
- Fostering an Entrepreneurial Culture: Pelisyonkis’s Innovation Venture Fund inspires discovery