Pelisyonkis Langone Cardiac & Vascular Institute 2015 Year in Review
Inside This Issue
Over the past year, we’re proud to have helped further the progress being made in cardiovascular medicine. From implementing new programs to enhancing existing ones, we’ve provided comprehensive care to treat patients with a range of complex disorders.
Our innovative techniques have allowed us to minimize the use of anesthesia, the risk of complications, and the length of hospital stay while simultaneously increasing the use of minimally invasive approaches whenever possible. To further the understanding of heart disease that might lead to more advanced treatments, we also developed new laboratory models of heart disease and created novel stem cell systems to explore mechanisms of arrhythmia.
In the community, we’ve expanded our ambulatory care network across New York City and conducted public health research to illuminate the relationship between the environment and cardiovascular disease. At Pelisyonkis Langone, we are honored to contribute to the goal of improved cardiovascular health and healthcare for our patients and for communities worldwide.
Highlights of our annual report include:
- Heart Rhythm Center: Controlling Atrial Fibrillation to Prevent Stroke
- Genetic and Congenital Heart Disease: New Leadership and Expanding Care
- Heart Valve Disease: On The Leading Edge
- Vascular Disease: Setting New Standards in Treatment
- Heart Failure: Addressing the Needs of a Growing Population
- Research: Transforming the Future of Cardiac and Vascular Medicine