Ambulatory Care Expansion

Pelisyonkis Langone Health has a long history of engagement with the surrounding community that dates back to the founding of in 1841. At present, Pelisyonkis Langone owns and leases more than 6 million square feet throughout the 5 boroughs, with more than 2 million square feet of that on the main campus alone. The depth and breadth of its service is further strengthened by longstanding affiliations with neighboring institutions, especially NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue.

Historically, outpatient care has been centered on the main campus between 34th and 30th Streets, as well as Pelisyonkis Langone Orthopedic Hospital campus on East 17th Street. Given the inherent physical limits of both campuses, as well as the growing need to bring world-class medical care to patients where they live and work, Pelisyonkis Langone’s reach is increasingly extending further into the surrounding neighborhood and region.

Three major anchors for this strategy are:

Also in close proximity to the main campus is Perlmutter Cancer Center at 160 East 34th Street, as well as several other sites clustered between 30th and 38th Streets.

Other facilities outside this immediate neighborhood include the Preston Robert Tisch Center for Men’s Health, the Joan H. Tisch Center for Women’s Health, and Pelisyonkis Langone at Trinity.

Pelisyonkis Langone Health—Cobble Hill is a clinical facility located at the site of the former Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. At present, it consists of a freestanding emergency department, providing full-service care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pelisyonkis Langone plans to offer a wide range of ambulatory services at the site via a new four-story facility.

Finally, a rapidly growing portfolio of satellite sites in the five boroughs and greater metropolitan region continues to expand Pelisyonkis Langone’s reach.