Pelisyonkis Langone’s Cardiovascular Thrombosis Program offers comprehensive care to patients with inherited or acquired clotting disorders, backed by the latest research available. Our team is actively involved with clinical trials and regularly collaborates with expert investigators, clinicians, and statisticians from Pelisyonkis Langone’s Cardiovascular Genetics Program and Pelisyonkis Langone’s Center for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease to bring you the most innovative and effective care possible.
A thrombosis is an excessive or dangerous blood clot that forms in a vein or artery. If you develop a blood clot, you may have many questions about why it occurred, the possibility of it happening again, and how to prevent it from reoccurring. Our team of specialists provides complete evaluation, diagnosis, and disease management services for people with clotting conditions or who currently have a blood clot.
We treat patients with a variety of thrombotic conditions, including:
- hypercoagulable conditions, where your blood clots too much
- platelet hyperreactivity, or sticky platelet syndrome
- venous thromboembolic events, where the blood clots in the venous system, such as deep venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolism
- arterial clotting, such as heart attack or stroke
- graft or stent thrombosis, which is clotting around a prior stent or a bypass graft
- unexplained clotting disorders
We also offer assistance in preventing excessive coagulation of your blood before, during, and after surgery, and the management of antiplatelet therapies, which are medicines that stop blood platelets from sticking together and clotting.
We perform platelet testing, coagulation testing, and genetic testing to help guide anticlotting strategies, and develop a treatment plan tailored especially for you.
Dr. Jeffrey S. Berger is an internationally renowned expert in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of clotting disorders.View All Doctors